1. Eat apples, celery and carrots. These fruits and vegetables help clean your teeth and don't harm your enamel.
2. Eat small portions of cheese after a meal. Research is showing that small amounts of cheese prevents tooth decay and re-mineralizes your enamel.
3. Avoid drinking liquids or eating food that stain your teeth such as coffee, red wine, fruit drinks, dark sodas, tea, sport drinks, blueberries, blackberries, or beets. These liquids and fruits can stain your teeth easily. Over long term use your tooth enamel will wear out. If you do eat or drink these foods it is highly recommended to rinse or brush your teeth afterwards. Another tip is to sip your drinks with a straw which avoids direct contact with your teeth.
4. Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
5. Flossing is just as important. By flossing your teeth you remove any food, plaque and/or staining in between your teeth.
6. Visit a dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and check up.
Merna Tajaddod Orthodontics
Proudly serving the city of Palo Alto and it's surrounding areas; Mountain View, Menlo Park, and Los Altos. Dr. Tajaddod has 11+ years of experience as an orthodontist here in the Bay Area's Mid-Peninsula and the East Coast.